This article covers the questions commonly asked of the Site Team about Online Inductions from the Sub-contractor & their Employees.
- How Do I Get To My Subcontractor Portal?
- How Do I Send An Invite?
- Invite Not Received. What's wrong?
- Token Expired. Why?
- Video Won't Play. What's wrong?
- I Don't Have An Internet Capable Device. How can I complete my induction online?
Question 1. Sub-Contractor - "How do I access my portal?"
Answer - Once the site team have set up to access MSite, you will receive a link to set your password. Having done this, you can now login and access your sub-contractor portal.
Question 2. Sub-Contractor - "I don't know how to send an invite. What do I do?"
The guide linked above will enable the sub-contractor to send invites in an easy to read, step by step process. We've also added this link to the sub contractor portal so they can easily access it if they don't get a copy before they login.
Question 3. Sub-Contractor - "I've sent an invite to the employee but they've not received anything. Why?"
Answer - The first thing to check is that the E-mail address or Mobile Number is correct. If these are correct, ask the employee to check their junk folder in case their e-mail provider has incorrectly marked it as 'Junk'.
Question 4. Employee - "I have a token but I can no longer log in. Why?"
Answer - The reason an employee can't login is because their token has expired. This can happen for a number of reasons:
- The sub-contractor sent the employee an invite to complete by a given date which has now passed. EXAMPLE - Joe Bloggs has been asked to complete his Online Induction for the 3rd January 08:00 as per his employer's instructions. Joe tries to login after this time has passed so the token will now be invalid.
- The user has completed all actions required of them. If Joe completes his profile, online induction and confirms his booking for a given invite, once he logs out he will no longer be able to log in.
- The contractor has cancelled the invite. If the contractor or site team cancel the invite, the token will no longer be valid and a new invite will need to be sent.
- Multiple invites sent. There may be the odd occasion where a sub contractor sends their employee multiple invites for whatever reason. This invalidates previous invites / tokens. To get round this they must ensure the employee uses the latest invite to access their online induction.
Question 5. Employee - "The video won't play"
Answer - It is likely that the employee's internet connection was interrupted, or they are an unsupported browser.
Videos that have been uploaded as part of an employee's Online Induction are in a format that is readable my most web browsers and media players (.mp4 file format) although we do recommend using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 11+. As it is cloud based, we have measures in place to ensure access is available to the material 24/7.
Question 6. Employee - "I don't have an internet capable device to do my induction online. What am I supposed to do?"
Answer - As long as you have a mobile phone you can receive a text message with an invitation link. Whilst the device may not be capable of opening the link, you can still use the token provided (last 6 digits of the SMS/ Text Message Link) along with your phone number to login to MSite on a capable device such a PC or Tablet provided by your employer or site. The token is also provided if you receive an e-mail.
To do this use the following steps:
1 - Navigate to MSite and click 'Received a Workforce Registration login invitation?'.
2 - Enter the details of your Phone Number & Token (Last 6 digits of SMS / Text Message) & login.