NOTE: CITB Integration is available by request only and requires your company be levy registered with CITB. If you would like to arrange for CITB functionality to be enabled on your MSite instance, please contact your MSite Account Manager.
CITB Integration User Guide:
The MSite system is now able to automatically check the validity of certain H&S accreditations disclosed on the employee’s profile, against the CITB database. Any CSCS, CPCS or CISRS card information submitted on the employee’s profile will be subject to these validation checks.
Where one or more of these accreditations has been entered but could not be validated via CITB, a red notification banner will appear on their profile form at the top.
Click Show me to jump to the part of the registration form where the cards are stored and view the entered information.
There are several reasons why a card may not have successfully been validated. This will usually be because some of the information has been entered incorrectly e.g. Last Name, Date of Birth, Certification Number or NI Number.
When the employee arrives on site for their induction it is worth double checking the card information they entered is correct. If any updates are made, saving the Employee record will make the system perform another check and should usually return a ‘Validated’
If you’ve checked the information and it is entered exactly as it is on the card, and still returns a ‘Not Validated’ result, the card may be fraudulent. In this case you should follow the current process relating to identification of fraudulent accreditations.
If an accreditation is ‘Validated’ you can be sure that the card information stored in the system matches that on the CITB database and no further action needs to be taken. Additionally information will be pulled through from CITB and going forward the expiry date of this card will get updated automatically should it be renewed prior to expiry.
TIP: When Adding or Changing an Accreditation, if you want MSite to check its validity, you MUST save the Employee record again. If it shows as 'Pending' you can reload the page by pressing 'F5' on your keyboard and it will usually then show you the result.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- 30 days prior to expiry MSite will identify that an accreditation is 'due to expire' and flag it for a nightly check.
- Each night for the next 30 nights MSite will check to see if it's been renewed.
- When it has been renewed MSite will apply the new expiry date
- When it has not been renewed we do nothing until the day after expiry when we mark it as expired (it will still show as Validated as it is still a valid Accreditation, albeit expired)
- 30 days after expiry, if no update has been found, MSite stops checking and it stays on the profile as a valid but expired card.
- After this, if the card is updated manually(saved) we put it in the queue to be checked as normal and the result (Validated, Not Validated) and expiry date are set as per the data returned by CITB
CITB Online Card Checker:
If you'd like to check an accreditation on the CITB website. you can access the CITB Online Card Checker HERE