If you have visitors attending site who will be accessing locations on site restricted by or recorded by MSite (normally not active work site but Welfare/Offices) and want to be able to record details for reference without creating new operative profiles each time you can use MSite’s Visitor management.
Most sites setup a set of Visitor Profiles up front which can be used by people attending meaning less time is spent on their arrival. The number setup is normally dependent on the number you expect per day.
Setting up a Visitor
- Go to the Employee Tab
- ADD a new employee
- Select ‘Visitor’ as Contractor which adjusts the fields to fill out
Normally for ease of Visitor management name fields are set out:
First Name – Visitor (Site Name)
Last Name – (Number) (this goes up as more are added)
First Name – Visitor Site A
Last Name – 1
- Configure Site Access – Add your site for their access
- Add Industry Accreditations if you have mandated accreditations for people to access through the system. For Visitors most systems should have a ‘Visitor Certificate’ you can use to provide access – complete this with dummy information that expires at the end of your site.
- Visitor Information – this should only be filled out when you have someone’s details to add as they are wiped each night. These fields are logged in a special visitor log when a person uses this Visitor Profile to go through the system.
- Now you have created the basic profile you can save
- Finally you need to provide a PIN access code to the Visitor as you will not want to enrol biometrics against each Visitor. Go to ‘Manage Pin Entry’ on the left hand side.
- When the pop up comes up enable PIN Entry - this will display the PIN that is required.
Using Visitor Profile
Once you have a visitor profile setup it is ready to use. One key logic on the Visitor Profiles is that the below 2 areas are wiped each night so that a NEW visitor can use the information.
- Access rights to areas of site
- Visitor Information Fields
These need to be re added each morning before giving the details to the Visitor, any usage that day will then record that visitor information in the Visitor log.
Giving access to a NEW Visitor
When a visitor arrives you need to:
- Grant Access to the areas on site they need to be
- Add their biographic details and who they are visiting into the Visitor Information section
- Go to manage PIN Entry and regenerate the PIN for them (it is helpful to record this on the Visitor Information sheet if you have one) – this ensures there is a NEW code each day
- Save all changes
Reporting on Visitors
Go to the Visitor Log Report you can filter to the date required and see all access and egress by the Visitor Profiles and the person who was using it that day against the below information.
Article is closed for comments.